Schwab Scholar Account
The Purpose of the mandatory Schwab Scholar Account is to provide each recipient with the opportunity to learn hands-on how to manage and invest money and accumulate assets in order to provide for their long term financial security.
1. Each recipient will be provided with a $10,000 Schwab Account during the Fall Semester of their sophomore year.
2. Each recipient will be required to research and write an investment analysis report prior to the purchase or sale of each common stock investment, pursuant to provided Instructions and Guidelines.
3. Each recipient will be solely responsible for their Schwab Account until graduation from college.
4. Upon graduation from college ALL earnings (dividends and stock appreciation) in the Schwab Account will be disbursed to the recipient. Recipients will not be responsible for any loss in their account.
5. All earnings will compound tax-free until disbursed to the recipient.