Each Hagan Scholarship will help pay the unmet financial need of the recipient, up to $5,000 per semester.
- The dollar amount of each scholarship will be determined by HSF by totaling the cost for Tuition and Fees, Room and Board, Books and Supplies; then, deducting the dollar amount of the recipient’s FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the dollar amount of ALL grants, scholarships, awards and waivers obtained by or awarded to the recipient.
- Personal and transportation costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Parents must pay their FAFSA EFC, if any, at the start of each semester in order to be eligible for funding of a Hagan Scholarship. If payment of the EFC is not required due to receipt of other scholarships, grants, awards and waivers the recipient will not be eligible for funding of their Hagan Scholarship for that semester.
- The scholarship award amount can be increased to subsequently offset the expiration of other scholarships, grants and awards received by recipient.
- Each scholarship is renewable for up to seven (7) additional semesters if the recipient fulfills the renewal criteria, attends the mandatory workshops, and fulfills their Schwab Account responsibilities, regardless of recipient's unmet financial need.
- Recipients who successfully renew their scholarship will be eligible to apply for an International Study Grant after their sophomore year of college.
- Recipients must attend a mandatory free summer workshop prior to the start of each academic year of college.
- Recipients must work a minimum of 240 hours of traditional employment prior to the start of each academic year of college and provide proof of employment to HSF.
Recipients of a scholarship will be selected on an objective and non-discriminatory basis, regardless of applicant's race, creed, color, sexual orientation, religion, disability or sex.For more information read Q&A or contact the school counselor or a teacher or the principal of your high school.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.