Each Hagan Scholarship will pay the unmet financial need of the recipient; up to $5,000 per semester.
- The dollar amount of each scholarship will be determined each semester by HSF by totaling the actual cost for Tuition and Fees, estimated cost for Room and Board published on the college or university website, plus $500 for Books and Supplies; then, deducting one-half of the dollar amount of the recipient’s FAFSA Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the dollar amount of ALL grants, scholarships, awards and waivers obtained by or awarded to the recipient.
- Personal and transportation costs are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Parents must pay their FAFSA EFC, if any, at the start of each semester in order to be eligible for funding of a Hagan Scholarship. If full payment of the EFC is not required due to receipt of other scholarships, grants, awards and waivers the recipient will not be eligible for funding of their Hagan Scholarship for that semester.
- The scholarship award amount can be increased subsequent semesters to offset the expiration of other scholarships, grants and awards received by recipient.
- Recipients fulfilling the renewal criteria will be provided with a $10,000 Schwab Investment Account during the Fall Semester of their sophomore year. See Schwab Account.
- Recipients achieving a 3.50 CGPA can apply for an $8,000 Study Abroad Award after their sophomore year of college. See Study Abroad.
- Recipients must attend a mandatory free summer workshop prior to the start of each academic year of college. See Workshops.
- Recipients must work a minimum of 240 hours of supervised paid employment in the twelve months prior to the start of each academic year of college and provide proof of employment.
- Each scholarship is renewable for up to seven (7) additional semesters if the recipient fulfills the renewal criteria, attends the mandatory workshops, and fulfills their Schwab Account responsibilities regardless of recipient's subsequent unmet financial need or number of credit hours earned.
Decisions made by HSF are final and not subject to appeal.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.